Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Wind and Rain!

Hello everyone,
It was quite the nasty weather yesterday! the morning was nice, I could do some interent out on deck. speaking of which, I was on a forum the other day, it gets your location throug your IP address. It said I was at Palmarta Rica! ha ha I suppose thats why WIFI navigation is not going to catch on!
any way, we had quite alot of wind. which turned into waves and swell, we had 3 foot white caps in the anchorage! of course that is not a very large wave, but does not make it a comfortable place to be anchored! with all the waind we had I saw quite alot of boats pull in to get out of the weather. if anyone who is reading this is going to come and anchore here, I strongly suggest NOT anchoring right behind the island. with this stron S SE wind it would come in between the island,a nd the mainland, and create water spouts! thats right, water spouts - tornados on the water! i saw no less then three, and i was not sitting on deck watching the weather so long. just periodic check ups. the funny thing was that the spouts would only be right around the island. as soon s the moved away, they went away.

The salvage plan to try and find a missing mooring did not go to well. we used a whole tank of air searching a little area fora fifty five gallon drum. could not find it.
the water had so much silt in it you could not see the end of you arm!

We still have th swell of yesterdays wind coming in here, the swell is not as big as yesterday. but at least it is not that terribly un comfortable three foot chop! hope fully I will get some nice waves to surf on later.

oh as for the new features. I could not find a map i could place on here, then simple put a dot, or trail so people can visually follow along. but i will start posting on every, or nearly ever post the Latitude, and Longitude. then if you have google earth, or a nautical chart of the area, you can see exactly where I am. Google earth works very well, I have it now on my computer, simply type in my Lat, Lon, into the search box, and you will fly right into where I am.
I hope that will help for the people requesting better loations.
as for poeple requesting the planned route, I am still working on that.

Cheers,
Josh
S/V Elusive

No comments: