Saturday, August 9, 2008

Time To Go Again

Yes, after so long here it is finally time to move on.
I have had a wonderful time in quepos, and I am sure i will come back here one day.
I will hopefully leave to herradura on Monday, or Tuesday if all works out.
Quepos has been really great. the anchorage pretty good, and the dinghy landing is never boring.
I did get my chain wrapped pretty good around a coral head, several acually. I had a really bad time with the chain short snubbing. if i wasnt on the boat it really could have done some damage.
I couldnt get the chain un-wrapped because the water is too murky here to see. but with a little time i got it undone with sheer brute force. then re-anchored in a new spot.

I have started som new projects on the boat. I am re- painting the insides, they look great.
as well the windlass is getting a couple of coats, the pedistal, and i am going to try and re-paint the cockpit again.
if that goes well, Maybe i do the decks. but i will see.

I lost my big anchore the other day. yes, sadly it is true. my fifty pound bruce boy is gone. and i miss it already. it also took with it my short section of chain. so my stern anchore system is gone.


well that is the update for now.
I am provisioning at the Feria soon,a nd have to go get some lemons and such.
Cheers,
Josh

Live Your Dream!

No comments: