Thursday, August 14, 2008

Big Whales, Berlin Brass, and Bahia Herradura!

Hello every one!
the other night was my last in a while in Quepos. tahts right, I headed out this morning at six A.M. for Herradura. I arived here at three P.M. so I figure I did it right on schedule, suprisingly.
I saw the most amazing thing along the way, a HUGE whale jump out of the water right in fromt of me! It was incredable! one moment completely calm flat waters, and sailing along wondefully, then, BOOM! out of the water shoots a gigantic animal the size of a bus! big and blue! I am telling you this guy was HUGE, at least twice the size of my boat! he made one heck of a splash!
If that wasnt enough of a thrill already, not two minutes of shock later he does the same act again! This giant whale jumping almost completely out of the water, and sending a splash as if a meteor just hit the earth!
I got out the camara after that second one, thinking ¨man if this guy does it a third time i will have one incredable photo!¨ but he did not show himself again.
Last night i went to see a concert right before i left. I was eating a piece of pizza and thumbing through the news paper when i saw it. I had to kill some time in order to get my laundry from a friends house, so what the heck. I walked down the demon hill, this road that runs strait down the side of a mountain to get to the place. then watched, and listened to an hour of the German band Berlin Brass. It was not quite what i thought it would be, but all in all it wasnt to bad.

So now i am anchored off of the Herradura beach, near the entrence to the Los Syños marina.
Los syños is lets say ¨not the most cruiser friendly¨. to leave the dinghy there they want an ASTOUNDING forty dollars a day! there ¨discount rate¨ was a whopping two hundred dollars for a week! ¨OUCH!¨ I said i would happly deflate my boat and sttuff it into a cleaning locker if they make the price resonable, but they are real hard ***es and wouldn´t budge.
so I hauled the dinghy up this really long beach, and flipped it into the bushes, and tied it to a tree. tomorow i need to get a chain so i can lock it.

The sunset was ultra spectacular! Half of the sky was filled with purple and pinks, and every color in between! the whole horizon all around was royal purple.
well thats about it for today! tomorow will come hopefully, and wiht it for sure new discoveries,. and hopefull some security measure for my dink!

Cheers,
Josh
S/V Elusive
Live Your Dream!

No comments: