Friday, August 29, 2008

Broken board, broken oar, and no raw water ..

Well today I coninued the hunt for the raw water problem with the engine. I had taken the pump off yesterday and opened it up, beliving it to be a bad impellor. but that was not the case.
when i put the ump back on the engine it seemed as though the belt was just to big. so having to taken off and such I decided that it was the day to fix the water pump belt problem, once and for all.
The steel bracket that holds the engine mounts has been giving me problems with tensioning my water pump belt, from day one. the bracket comes in contact with the pump, at what seems to be the perfect tension. It is not possible to make the belt any tighter then what the distance to the bracket allows. usually after afew hours, or more of running. the vibration of the pump against this bracket moves it sufficiantly to loosen the belt a bit.
I have allways meant to cut a pit of the bracket off, to allow the pump to pass, but never got the will power up to do it.
yesterday was the day. I got out the grinder, and discs, and cut away a piece of worthlss, no good steel, that was unstructing my water pump!
but sadly, the water still was not flowing through the engine.

so, today i did afew tess, and checks, but still can nt find why there is very little water making it to the engine pump. tomorow i will continue, with a simple check from under the boat, for a clogged through hull fitting. If that does not fix it, I will just have to keep hunting!

went for a surf today, had aewnice waves, but sadly broke an oar on thedinghy getting in. aswell broke my old board in the waves. none the less, it still was fun. but, now i have to track own another oar!

Cheers,
Josh
S/V Elusive
Live Your Dream!

No comments: