Monday, September 1, 2008

Bodged up Oars

Hello,
Well I got my oar fixed for the moment so can go ashore. I had to take a chunk of wood I had on he boat, and turn it into a dowling with my Machete. Then taper the end to fit inside the broke blade. All in all, it worked alright, and passed the surf test yesterday. So I am slowly getting the boat provisioned up, and shoulg be sailing to the Tortuga Islands soon. Provisioning takes a little time sense I can only take what I can carry for the mile walk back to the beach. but it works out alright. but at least it does not require going up and down a mountain like the place I was at near quepos.
I finished the owrk on the Autopilot yesterday, and it seems to be working fine. We will see how it handles with the day and a half sail.
so thats the update,
Cheers, and coconuts!
Josh
Live Your Dream!

No comments: