Monday, September 1, 2008

Cabin Work

Hello,
Today I did some more work in the cabin. TheGalley to be specific. I had a uncomplete deep shelf behind the stove that was not finished, and was looking pretty bad. So today along with afew other projects I got out the hard wood, tools, screws, and paint. The Galley looks alo better now that I have that part nearly complete. II got some food from the super marcket today, put a nice thick piece of Almond wood as trim, and then paineted the rest of it glossy white to the hight of the counter. I also painted the well where the stove hangs white. all inall it looks alot better, and the boat is one step closer to being complete.
The other day I did some welding on the bowsprit to be able to have wood planks to walk on, instead of net. Sense i will be goingback to panama with the bus how ever, I think i will wait to finish it up when i get back. primarly because i will be able to get better material there.
I still have been unable to get the sat phone to hold a signal long enough to send an email, or to receive weather information. I moved the antena onto one of the backstays, but it seems no better, maybe a bit worse accually. So that is another thing i have to work on.
I got some food from the super marcket today. Those are always interesting trips. One good thing about these store over pricing the food is tht it all does not normally sell before the expiration date. The stores are then forced to put alot of the food on discount before it goes over the date. :D you can imagine that that is where I will normally be found! MUAHAHA I love a good deal!
That is todays update, now to check the weather and see about a good day to depart for the Ilas Tortugas!
Cheers, and good deals!
Josh
Live Your Dream!

No comments: